Friday 23 August 2013

Berlin Festival of Lights Running Tour


In October 2010 my husband and I visited Berlin.

I found out beforehand that there would be the Festival of Lights while we were there so I thought it might be fun to have a running tour in the evening to see the lights!

I found a fantastic running tour at www.mikes-sightrunning.de/en/





                                   www.mikes-sightrunning.de/en/events/lightseeing_festival.html

The tour was a special one for the Festival of Lights and I measured it to be 11.5km.

Mike is a fantastic guide and even though I was the only one on the tour that didn't understand German he was happy to translate for me, even asking me to run up front with him.









I enjoyed this tour so much and wish I had done it when we first arrived in Berlin as Mike told us so much information about the city and the best places to eat etc.

I highly recommend a tour of a city when you first arrive so you can get your bearings and learn a little about the place that you are visiting. Running tours are a great way to see a city and have fun at the same tíme :)

2 comments:

  1. What a fun way to tour a city. I'd love to do this or something similar when I'll run the Berlin Marathon in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to see a city :-) I really love doing these type of tours when visiting somewhere new. I think every city should have a running tour!

      Delete